Thursday, January 14, 2010

Oh, this old thing?

Aaaaaahahahaha I last posted in April of 09 to apologize for not posting much. How little things have changed... until NOW! I hope. And I hope you hope too. Because this blog here has the potential to be a blast. And one should never deny another a blast. Fact. So, let's get this party restarted. My intention is this: I consider my self a creative person, and as such, a person who appreciates creativity. I have not been very creative lately. For shame. In an attempt to rectify this heinousness (spell check didn't even flinch for that one?) I will do my best to post regularly AND additionally, I will start including my own work so that maybe I finally feel obligated to be creatively productive once more. How's that sound? Good? Really? Just good? I thought it sounded great. Whatever. Onward and upward, virtually.

Let's get you up to date, and pretend like you knew stuff about me that needs updating. So, from last I posted, I have moved from Staten Island to New Jersey (again, love this state, sincerely) and got myself involved in the best relationship EVER. Today is actually our 5 month aniversary. You can congratulate me, I don't mind. There's that.

Internetly, I'm sure there's been much I've discovered and jerkishly kept to myself, I'll try and find it all again. Meantime, there's always more to be found, it is the internet after all. So check this out...

I have never seen anything like the works of Beth Cavener Stichter. It's at once surreal and uncannily realistic. Quite creepy but such wow factor. I'd like one in my home. If my home was really big and I could keep it someplace that wouldn't continually freak me out. Maybe if she made really tiny mini ones, that would be best.


Neato, yea?

Then there's Yuken Teruya. I'm pretty crazy about any kind of intricate paper art. I have the patience for it myself but either I don't have the right tools or skills. I do intend to try my hand at it again though and this keeps me inspired.


And to be filed under "one the greatest flippin things ever" category, my boyfriend (Max, by the way) got me a KITCHENAID for Christmas. That's right. KITCHENAID. I have never received a better present and it's pretty much what I've always wanted. So far I'm tried my hand at a cake made from scratch, which was a semi debacle, (not the kitchenaids fault). Annnd white bread. I'll be making one of my best friends a birthday cake this weekend, I believe chocolate hazelnut mousse. There will be pictures. Oh yes. And hopefully soon, my own pasta. Eeep!



Tell me that is not a good looking appliance.

In an attempt to give you a well rounded blog experience, let me suggest, if perhaps you've been in a cave, the Florence and the Machine album.
Florence And The Machine - Howl
I have been rocking it for months and still, I'm not sick of it. And this reminds me, I'm behind in the new music scene. Next update I'll have something more current for you.

And since I feel satisfied with this update, I'll leave you to bask in the after blog glow. Oh and! let's go ahead and make this a more interactive experience. Please feel free to comment with links and suggestions of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment