Wednesday, March 25, 2009

'Big As A Whale' Is Actually A Whopper Of An Insult!


Let me just say, the dot over a lower case "i" is called a tittle. I'm saying that because I, personally, don't want to forget. It's so often I hear a fascinating little tid bit of trivial information and then it proceeds to slip right out of my noggin. Let me also say that most elephants weigh less than a blue whale's tongue. How incredible/gross is that?! You could probably live off whale tongue for like 4 months! Yuck.



Since we're on the subject of size. I'm always so astonished by how big things can really be. Just as a blue whale's tongue is big, it's heart is approximately the size of aVW Beetle! And the blue whale population is estimated at around 8,000-14,000 worldwide. WHAT?! Fudge, the world is LARGE! Also, I never really though hyenas were all that big but as it were they're quite hearty. I always figured they were around the size of like, I dunno, 50-60lbs? But no, bigger. Much. Aside from the size revelation, these pictures are downright incredible.

And since today seems to be mostly about animals, let me leave you with this...

2 comments:

  1. its funny you talk about the blue whale. i just saw a whole 2 hour documentary on them. they filmed a baby blue for the first time. that thing was huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and let me leave you with this in return...
    http://www.superpoop.com/090308/circle-of-death.jpg

    ReplyDelete